Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Young Professional / Enlisted JETC Stipends
Stipends to attend the 2022 Joint Engineer Training Conference and Expo (JETC) will be awarded to active SAME Young Professionals (YP) and Enlisted members who have demonstrated support of SAME at the Post, Regional, and/or National level and who might not otherwise be able to attend. Young Professional recipients must attend the YP Community of Interest (COI) Meeting and Enlisted Members must attend the Enlisted Member COI Meeting at JETC.
The stipends will provide complimentary registration, round-trip flights, and a hotel stay of up to four nights. Recipients will be accepted based on: SAME Participation; Professional Development; and Accomplishments. Questions on Young Professional and Enlisted Stipends can be directed to Jeanine Finton, email@example.com.
1. Young Professionals (Industry, Government, or Military) who are 39 or under at the time of 2022 JETC or Enlisted Members (Active, Guard, or Reserve).
2. SAME member for at least 18 months prior to stipend application deadline date.
3. Active member of a SAME Post, Field Chapter, and/or National COI for the past year (as reflected in the application form).
4. Completion of the online application form, which includes a short summary of SAME Participation; Professional Development; and Accomplishments.
5. A letter of endorsement from the Post or Field Chapter President or COI Chair supporting the nominee of a stipend.
* Note: Priority will be given to individuals who have never attended JETC or have not previously been awarded a stipend.
- Up to 10 stipends will be awarded.
- Stipend recipients will be notified via e-mail by March 25.
- Stipends will receive complimentary airfare to attend the 2022 JETC (or mileage and parking reimbursement for those in driving distance).
- Stipend recipients will receive a complimentary hotel stay of up to four nights (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) to attend. Stipend recipients are required to stay at the assigned hotel.
- Stipend recipients receive complimentary Full Conference Registration.
- Upon notification of being offered a stipend, awardees will need to confirm they are able to accept the stipend. Then they will receive instructions on how to register for the conference and make hotel and travel reservations.
- Before accepting stipends, nominees must obtain approval from their supervisor and Federal employees (military and civil service) should seek the advice from their local ethics counselor. Military personnel are expected to obtain the government rate at their selected hotel and should adhere to current regulations regarding wearing of the uniform
- Recipients must provide a short 1-2 paragraph summary of their activities at the conference that demonstrates the value of their attendance. Summaries should be submitted to Jeannine Finton, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 2 weeks after the conference. Failure to send the summary could result in a registration fee charge to your record.